Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry ni ght sk

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry ni ght skys?
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:49:19 -0600
They don't need it in Seattle.  The daily rain takes care of it.

>Don't know the answer to your last rhetorical, but to all the others,
touché.
>Won't go near a chiropractor, hence my non-familiarity with the whole
issue.
>Osteopath is as close as I'll get.
Ah!  A chiropractor with a license to dispense drugs.
>Jim
>duly chastised in the northern outskirts of San Francisco.
><g>
However, excepting for the library and the water, screw the rest of the
services.  When I had a leaky faucet, all I got from the sewer department
was a huge bill based on my water usage (plus excess).

The only thing I ever needed the police for were my ever obnoxious,
always drunk neighbors, the burglers, and the contractor building a house
7 feet from mine who couldn't keep from running his trucks over my yard
while I was trying to sell it (the house - not just the yard - that's what
"yard sales" are for...).

The fire department's fine.  I've used the ambulance and, it was a least as
fast as in
Elmhurst (Chicago) and, they didn't even send the police out first!
Plus, they have a nice all you can eat chicken and fish fry benefit once a
year.
All I know is that you couldn't burn a stick in your backyard in Elmhurst
without them showing up and giving you a ticket.
Saw plenty of houses that managed to burn down in the paper though.