[OM] Is this a rare find?

Subject: [OM] Is this a rare find?
From: Peter Dixon <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:33:04 +0000
Hi Jonathan

Can't comment on the 28-48 except you rarely see them for sale in the UK so for whatever reason they seem quite rare. Gary's lens test page covers it I think.

You have put together a nice collection of OM gear. AS far as bodies go, I would recomend a 4Ti - once you start using the multi-spot system, you'll find it invaluable. After that a 1 for all mech back-up, a 3 if you've become totally reliant on multi-spot, a 3Ti if you can find and afford one, an M1 ....... you know how it goes. Seriously, have a look at a beat-up 4Ti

Lens wise it depends on your subjects of course, but looking at what you've got I would consider a 50/1.4 (SN >1,100,000) or 50/1.2 , a 21/3.5 and a 100/2.8 when you don't want to lug the zoom but want a potrait length.
And have a look at the 35-80/2.8 - it is just as good as everyone says!!!

Cheers

Pete

Dr. Peter Dixon
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Molecular Pathogenesis
6th Floor, Institute of Neurology
Queen Square
London WC1N 3BG
Tel: 0207 837 3611 xtn 4305