Re: [OM] Quicky re films

Subject: Re: [OM] Quicky re films
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:48:18 -0800 (PST)
Jon,

Portra 160NC would be wonderful in Amsterdam for non portrait
work.  160VC mignt be a bit more colorful, but I think you won't
be disappointed at all.  Extremely good film, and has shadow
detail that won't stop.  Night shots downtown along the
waterways should be fantastic with both the 160NC and the Astia.
 Just bracket like crazy--my best shots were +1.

If the pro films have been kept in the refridgerator/freezer
since manufacturer (not hiding out in your camera bag for
months), they will be good for a couple of years past
expiration.

I'm getting to the point--with today's heightened security and
x-rays to purchase and have processed as much of the film in the
country of visit than to haul it back and forth across the
Atlantic Ocean succombing to at least four trips through
security.

With the tremendous "network of users" we have here on this
list, we should be able to coordinate purchase and development
with somebody in nearly every country.  This could turn out to
be one of the strongest aspects of this list.

AG-homeboy-Schnozz