Re: [OM] Skewed Frames

Subject: Re: [OM] Skewed Frames
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:44:42 -0500
At 3:08 PM -0800 1/23/02, AG Schnozz wrote:

My OM-2S produces frames that are slightly skewed.  When looking
at a roll of processed film I see that each image is skewed
about .5mm from the next image.  In other words, the image is
rotated on the roll by probably about one degree.

Has anybody else experienced this and what can be done to repair
it?  I'm wondering if the film is slightly buckling.

If it's true rotation, then it would have to be some kind of weird
alignment problem, but unless the rails are skewed to the  shutter
opening that seems unlikely and rather difficult.

It seems much more possible (and easy to check) that there's something
funky going on with the leading and trailing edges of the shutter
curtains, and maybe with their transport stuff.

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx