Re: [OM] Skewed Frames

Subject: Re: [OM] Skewed Frames
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:56:47 EST
   Hmm.  Casting not square?  If this is the case, I'd think that
> an entire series of OM-2S bodies would exhibit this problem.  My

I'd agree with this assumption. I have never heard of this complaint before.
Unless the entire shutter mechanism was taken apart for service, and/or
reinstalled improperly...?

I'd look at the entire film transport mechanisms.
Is the film cassette being held in place properly?
Are the two film guide pins in place near the film chamber?
Is the wind mechanism operating properly? Could the upper and lower sprocket
teeth get out of 'alignment' with each other? Are some teeth worn down?
Is the film pressure plate holding the film against the guide rails?

just my 2c
George S.