Re: [OM] How many messages do you usually keep handy?

Subject: Re: [OM] How many messages do you usually keep handy?
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:13:22 -0600
<snip>
> My folder says 7112 at the moment, but that's because I keep around
> anything I may want to refer to -- never can remember the URL for
> the archive. That take me back to mid-2000
Well, that's not bad...  Well, I'm certainly no rush to delete them and,
I've been getting the achives sent to a separate folder also - just never
have used them.

Really makes no difference - if you're going to look for something, you're
going to search for a keyword, certainly not scroll through them manually
anyway.

> paul    no wonder I needed that 60G disk

Go for it!  They must be all of $130 now.
Just don't do what I did.
I foolishly took a friends suggestion and made my 13G one large C:
partition.
Seemed to make sense at the time until, it crashed and ran scandisk.
It still takes about 7 minutes to run scandisk after a crash.

Jon