[OM] digest descends into chaos

Subject: [OM] digest descends into chaos
From: Brian Gray <bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:23:39 +0000
Cc: Sam Shiell <sam.shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 24th Jan, Sam Shiell said:
<Hey guys, with the mail client I use at work there is (staggeringly) NO
<option to send in plain text... in your new plan does this mean I'm no
<longer welcome to contribute to the list?

I can only say that the second version of his signature (interestingly not preceded by 'Sam') printed in bold in my version of the Digest (downloaded using Eudora 5.1)and so did all succeeding contributions to the digest. I personally find large amounts of bold text hard on the eyes and it certainly decreases the chance of my reading the rest of the Digest.
        Is this effect the result of a quirk of the digest software, or of
Eudora?
In short, I am happy to read what Sam says but certainly did not like the consequences on this occasion!
Brian Gray