Re: [OM] What I'm keeping after Digital comes

Subject: Re: [OM] What I'm keeping after Digital comes
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:43:40 -0500
What will I keep when the digital gets here?  Every damn thing,
especially all the macro stuff, which has to be one of the best
reasons for buying into the OM system.  And the flash gear.  And
MOST ESPECIALLY I'll be keeping the black "excellent plus" OM-3 I
just bought from KEH.  Let's see now: that's two 1n's, three 4's,
one 4Ti, and now a 3.  I think that'll be enough, at least for the
moment, even if the end of the OM system is nigh.  Much as I love
the 4's, I just felt the need for one more throwback, mechanical,
really-don't-need-batteries camera for the new millennium, which
is sure to be filled with plastic point-and-shoot wonderbricks.

I've got already one digital camera, a C-2000Z, which is kind of a
neat toy, and I'm planning on getting an E-10 just as soon as the
price drops below $1k.  But that'll be it for the foreseeable
future--maybe forever, depending on how much longer I manage to
live.  Until there's a 30-megapixel camera AND a practical way to
store all those 1's and 0's as easily and securely as a box of
slides in a fireproof cabinet, I'll pass.  In the meantime, in
keeping with my intractable old fart attitude, I'll use digital
for snapshots, kind of like we did with those little 110 toys back
in the '70s.  But I'll use the REAL cameras, including my 6x9cm
stuff, with REAL film for taking REAL pictures, thank you.

Walt Wayman