Re: [OM] What I'm keeping after Digital comes

Subject: Re: [OM] What I'm keeping after Digital comes
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:59:05 -0600
> What will I keep when the digital gets here?  Every damn thing,
> especially all the macro stuff, which has to be one of the best
> reasons for buying into the OM system.  And the flash gear.  And
> MOST ESPECIALLY I'll be keeping the black "excellent plus" OM-3 I
> just bought from KEH.  Let's see now: that's two 1n's, three 4's,
> one 4Ti, and now a 3.  I think that'll be enough, at least for the
> moment, even if the end of the OM system is nigh.  Much as I love
> the 4's, I just felt the need for one more throwback, mechanical,
> really-don't-need-batteries camera for the new millennium, which
> is sure to be filled with plastic point-and-shoot wonderbricks.
I kinda agree here.
What digital?

When they stop processing film, I might think about it.
Anybody know where I can get an old roll of 120
Kodacolor processed with C-22 processing?
Just ran across it and, I know what's on it.

> I've got already one digital camera, a C-2000Z, which is kind of a
> neat toy, and I'm planning on getting an E-10 just as soon as the
> price drops below $1k.
I got a digital camera too.
$12 from eBay (including two separate shipments)
 It's fun...

> But that'll be it for the foreseeable
> future--maybe forever, depending on how much longer I manage to
> live.  Until there's a 30-megapixel camera AND a practical way to
> store all those 1's and 0's as easily and securely as a box of
> slides in a fireproof cabinet, I'll pass.
Well, CD-ROM's are probably just as good.

>  In the meantime, in  keeping with my intractable old fart attitude, I'll
use digital
> for snapshots, kind of like we did with those little 110 toys back
> in the '70s.  But I'll use the REAL cameras, including my 6x9cm
> stuff, with REAL film for taking REAL pictures, thank you.
I'm not in any hurry.
It  would be nice to have some quicky shots for eBay postings.
Other than that...

Jon