Re: [OM] Bulk Loading - was B&W film recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] Bulk Loading - was B&W film recommendations
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:08:56 -0600
> I agree, with care it can be done safely. Have done it for years. However
> I also found that reusing the cassetes too much did impact the quality, I
> found.
>
> Probably it was due to the fact that my cassettes were getting old and
> should be replaced. However me also getting more lazy (!!!), I just
> started buying bulks of pre-rolled film rather than buying new
> cassettes. Anyone wants to buy a patterson film loader?? ;)
Actually, those damn things have gone up quite a bit.  I wouldn't go
too low on it.  Maybe it's a lack of demand?

I left out the avoidable problems that can/did happen.  Especially
over-economizing
If you reuse the Kodak pre-loaded ones and,
drop them on the protruding end, they tend to pop open also.

You bought new cassettes!?  Wow! You  _were_   rich!

I couldn't afford to pay the $1.49 for a new roll of TRI-X-36.

Jon