Re: [OM] Oily blades

Subject: Re: [OM] Oily blades
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <voop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:27:47 +0100 (CET)
Maybe John H can enlighten me (not "ignite" me, thankyou)....

I've always been told (and, thus, used) lighter fluid to clean oily
diaphram blades (and other things camera-related), then blow-drying
(carefully).

I see that you (John H) use "something else" (seems to be
compressed air with some antistatic stuff, no?). Anything I do
wrong/harmfully with the lighter-fluid, or can I continue this? (yes, I
apply graphite on the blades afterwards).

It's great to have "real" repairmen on the list to teach all us
amateurs. Thanks for all your advices ;)

--thomas

(who really wishes that John H would set up shop in Europe so he
 wouldn't have to do such himself...)