RE: [OM] Olympus e-SIF is offline

Subject: RE: [OM] Olympus e-SIF is offline
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:46:59 -0000
OK, here's a crazy idea from someone who knows approximately ****-all about
the delicacies of the internet, programming, etc....

I do know that with most ISP's you get a small amount of web space provided
for free.  How about we each take a "section" of the e-sif and host that
section.  One member (I suggest whoever was running it before) has a single
page, with links to all the other individual pages.  Sure, it would take a
while longer to download each page, but that's better than nothing, right ?
As someone pointed out - the e-sif is the single most useful tool available
to us (although I may personally say that our OM's are the most useful tool,
and the e-sif is the 2nd most useful !!)  :)

I volunteer for a page or two, as I'm not using my allocation (at the
moment - I'm hoping to change that !).  Having never done any web stuff, I
may need a little help uploading it, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Just a thought,

Jon