Re: [OM] Skewed Frames

Subject: Re: [OM] Skewed Frames
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:49:48 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, AG Schnozz wrote:

> The entire frame (all four edges) and the image on it (I
> couldn't figure out for the longest time why my horizons weren't
> perfectly level) is rotated.  If you placed a straight-edge on a
> long edge of an image, it would run into the sprocket holes a
> few inches down the roll.

One other possibility is that the film cartridge is being push up when you
close the back.  There is about 1mm of play allowed between the film guide
pins, and if the film is pushed up against the upper pin, it will produce a
skewed image since the sprocket side has much less play.  Examine the film
cassette pressure tabs which are on the door and make sure they apply equal
pressure.  You may even want to switch the back with one from another body to
see if the problem goes away.
                                        -mark