Re: [OM] what happend to my flash shots?!

Subject: Re: [OM] what happend to my flash shots?!
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:14:44 -0600
> this past wkend, i was de facto unofficial photographer for my cousin's
engagement
> (no worries, the  groom's side took photos as well, as did the bride's
younger
>  bro...following my lead, but often covering up
> the lens or flash of their camera w/ his hands! OUCH).

Lesson one.
Never be de facto photographer of anything - especially family events!
Feign illness.

> However, the  prints came out muddy and basically trashed, and the negs
aren't dense,
> meaning  underexposure, probably  by at least a stop.

Lesson two.
With negative film, overexpose the hell out of it and, you'll get something.

Jon

P.S.    I'll let the rest dissect the details.  These are just basic
survival hints.
            Let them become instincts.  Use the force.