Re: [OM] Re: Brave New World of Wedding Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Brave New World of Wedding Photography
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:44:13 -0800
Well, lets see.
I had a pro do my first wedding in 1966. Rolleiflex, B&W, excellent work, marriage lasted about 6 years. I photographed (not knowing how dreadfully dangerous it was) my then sister-in law's wedding around 1970. I had fun, they loved the pictures and they are still married I used my OM-2n, 35-70/3.6 and T32 (still have them all) and most all of the pics were keepers. One of the best shots I've ever taken occurred when I was trying an available light shot of the service which was mostly lit by candlelight. Somebody else took a flash shot at the same time and I got both the candlelit ambience and clear images of the participants. Flash was weak enough I expect the person using it in the back didn't get much, but it was perfect for me!.
Only wedding I've ever shot.

Donald MacDonald wrote:

Yikes, no, get a pro to do it. And while 35mm is good, if the pro used
bigger, that's better.

These things are one-offs. And you keep them forever. And you look at them.
And remember...

Or think "Now Why did I do that?"