[OM] Re: Brave New World of Wedding Photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Brave New World of Wedding Photography
From: Brian Gray <bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:24:27 +0000
ClassicVW@xxxxxxx said:
>If you've read the doom and gloom reports here, why even ask this >question.
>You think these reports are made up?
>My advice is hire a stranger. You can _tell_ a stranger what you want >him/her
>to do easier than a friend.
>snip

While agreeing that one should use a professional for a wedding, I cannot agree that that person should be a stranger. I have two acquaintances who are now semi retired professional photographers (one of them recommended that I should buy my OM2SP) that I have known for many years. All concerned were more than happy with the results when one of them was official photographer at my daughter's wedding on a commercial basis. Surely there are a few people on the list that other listmembers would be prepared to use!?
Brian