Re: [OM] New digital OM SLR and E20

Subject: Re: [OM] New digital OM SLR and E20
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 08:44:51 -0800 (PST)
That's the thing about today's digicams. I wouldn't
trust any used digicam at all (unless perhaps they
were refurbished by the manufacturer with a 1 yr
warranty) since they are quite suseptible to hidden
damage and impossible to repair economically. All that
said if Olympus ever brings the price down to less
than $700 for the E-20 I might get it. I wonder if
they will continue the E series as a high end camera
while their new system would be for the pros and such.
I certainly hope so since even though I've only ever
used store demo E-10's and 20's I find them to be
superb cameras that, while not as versatile as my OM's
IMHO, would definitely replace my OM's for casual
snapshot shooting. For that matter I hope they come
out with an E-30 and so on.

Mark Lloyd