[OM] Need help from T-45 owners!! :-(

Subject: [OM] Need help from T-45 owners!! :-(
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:11:50 -0500
I received a call from my sister-in-law around 11:00pm last night.  She is a
teacher at a local high school and called to inform me that the photographer
did not show for the winter dance.  I hesitated at first for too many
reasons to count but eventually went to help out.  I don't have the photos
back yet, but I ran into a problem with my T45 flash and need your help.
    In rigging up all my stuff to test it before I headed out, I learned
that the shutter release button on the handle doesn't work.  I tested the
whole setup on my BG2 with an assortment of M.Grip Cords, and everything
worked fine.  When I moved the camera and winder combination to the T45, it
wouldn't fire when I pressed the button on the handle.  I could press the
button on the winder/motor drive and the flash fired fine.
    So...I need help diagnosing the problem.  The last time I used my T45
was about 5 months ago at a couple weddings b/f I left town.  It worked
perfectly then, so I'm not sure what has happened.  I'm wondering if the
actual button is the problem.  Can someone check to see if their button on
the handle makes a clicking sound when depressed (like the BG2)?  I imagine
the wiring is very simple, and things could probably be replaced if needed.
I thought the jack on the bracket might be the problem, but I'm leaning
toward the button on the handle.  It may have been stored for 5 months with
the button depressed.
    Anybody have any other thoughts or experience with this sort of problem?

TIA,
--p.j.