Re: [OM] Advances in Technology

Subject: Re: [OM] Advances in Technology
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:14:25 -0800 (PST)
--- Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has it ever occurred to any one that someone who has
> only used
> today's latest technology might see older technology
> as a great
> advance?

 Straight on Winsor, even those consumers who have
never held anything in their paws but a plastic point
and shoot can recognize *OUALITY*. A young lady at
work is showing a serious interest in photography and
has visited several camera stores looking and seeking.
They have placed in her hands the current crop of
Canon, Nikon and Minolta AF consumer grade SLR
offerings with the usual 35mm to 70 or 80mm do
everything lens. Her unsolicited comment to me was;
"Every thing they showed me felt so plastic-y and
cheap". I put my ancient OM-1 with a 1.8 in her hands
and all she said was "Oh wow, this is nice, it feels
better than any of the cameras I looked at".....it was
not eazy to get her to hand the camera back<G>    John
Robison