Re: [OM] Ilford Paper, was Printing Resolution?

Subject: Re: [OM] Ilford Paper, was Printing Resolution?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:15:09 -0800
 > I was using Ilford Inkjet Photo Paper - Heavyweight Glossy.  The
 right image looks lovely on it.

If I remember correctly, that was the paper that swore me off Ilford for
awhile.  However the Galerie Smooth Pearl gives me great results.

 I am considering buying a 1290.  Based on your experience with your
 1270 would you recommend it, or should I save up for a Canon S9000
 (which had an excellent write-up in the last Amateur Photographer
 here in the UK)?

The 1290 isn't available here, only the 1280, which is a replacement for the
1270.  Not having used one, I can't compare the Epsons to the Canon, but
there's not enough difference between the 1270 and 1280 to justify
upgrading.

Bill  KG4LOV
wowens1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know about the S9000, but I just got an S450 for everyday printing and the software is very rudimentary compared to my old Epson Photo EX. I would really make the sales person open it and show you its set up options for control of the final image. The Canon S450 is a good fast printer though.

An additional thought is that most of the arts and crafts type ink places do not produce stuff for Canon. So later if you want to convert it to a black and white photo printer you may be out of luck.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California