Re: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series

Subject: Re: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:05:21 -0600
At 04:31 PM 1/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:
Actually, the FM3A has been available for some time now. The appeal for me is that such a new body gives life to the many Nikkor lenses already out there and available, many of which more than hold their own with Zuikos.
Yours heretically,
Joel W.

It is nice that they keep improving the FM with the TTL flash now and aperture priority auto exposure. Wow.. A $600 OM4. Ooops. Sorry. Too bad Oly did not see that there was a continuing market, too. It even has a button for automatic flash fill. If the 3A handles like the FM 2 it is a pretty nice camera - not an Oly, but available.
--
Winsor Crosby

Say what one will, N*kon takes care of its clients, as the system seems built mainly around the lenses and the conviction that if you bought a Nikkor it would never really be obsolete. The sort of "middle professional" series of FE and FM bodies hung on so well through the continuing sales of the FM2 and the reputation of the FE2 that the hybridization of the two as realized in the FM3A has a dreamlike quality that reminds me of Paul Schings' April Fools post from several years ago about the re-introduction of the OM-1, etc.

Joel W.