Re: [OM] one good thing...

Subject: Re: [OM] one good thing...
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:49:15 -0800
In a message dated 1/28/2002 Winsor Crosby writes:

<< I agree just about all of what you say, William, but I don't
understand why the full frame CCD sensor is an issue in a camera not
designed to take legacy lenses.  Olympus could get the jump on the
others by continuing its inclination toward small cameras and using a
smaller sensor with the same number of pixels. That would give it a
decided advantage over its large competitors. >>

I was under the impression that is exactly what Olympus is doing. Half
35mm frame imager, smaller lenses, smaller body specifically to have a
professional digital SLR system (key word here folks, just like when the
OM1 was introduced) that combined light weight and ease of handling with
world beating performance. No legacy glass allows Olympus to do this,
thus giving them an advantage over their competitors.

Anxiously awaiting reports from PMA next month. On the one hand, I'm
just as sad as anyone to hear the official demise of the OM series. On
the other hand, I do hope that this new offering brings Olympus back as
a viable professional camera equipment company.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com