Re: [OM] o-rings in viewfinder? (was: OM-1N, metering way off)

Subject: Re: [OM] o-rings in viewfinder? (was: OM-1N, metering way off)
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:18:12 -0800
There is a wire that goes around the front (visual top) of the prism. If the prism was taken out (or bumped solidly??) for cleaning/replacement, the wire could have lodged under the edge of the prism. The prism is held in place with spring pressure, so it's possible. It would be pretty poor workmanship. On the 2 cameras I have open for prism replacement, it is brown, but I'm no pro and don't know what colors it may have come in or what it looks like through the viewfinder if it gets under the edge of the prism. If that's all it is, it's easy and quick to fix.

Moose

Daniel J. Mitchell wrote:

Hm, something's _definitely_ weird here. If I look at the viewfinder, I can
see what almost looks like a small orange rubber o-ring sticking into the
viewfinder at the top left, and there's also a bit of similar looking stuff
stretched diagonally across the top right corner.

I don't know what this is, but I can't think it's meant to be there.. Time
to go and talk to the seller, I think.