Re: [OM] Well, the wedding finally came and went....

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, the wedding finally came and went....
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:01:06 +0000
At 04:55 1/28/02, you wrote:
Hi all,
I've hinted a number of times over the past year that I had a wedding to shoot coming up. Well, it took a while to come around due to a number of technical complications, but it's now history, and I've delivered the albums.
[snip]

Feels like you just took a very heavy pack off of your back, doesn't it? But wait, they may want you to handle reprints! [That's a much easier task.] My cousin did because she could not get a local consumer lab to make reprints at the quality level of the original proofs. She said the difference in print resolution alone was quite noticeable . . . not to mention color balance.

I wanted to find a way to power a pair of T-32's from a BG-2 handle on a Newton bracket, but never completely sorted out how to do the cabling without spending a fortune. As it turned out, NiMH AA cells in the pair of T-32's recharged fast enough and lasted long enough that I only used two fully charged sets of them. (YMMV depending on film ISO, distances and especially number of frames shot.) The camera rotating stroboframe was my second choice in brackets; also very nice.

A T-32 or MZ40-3i flash head into an umbrella is not something I've tried yet but am planning to in the future. Don't have cords long enough for it (yet). Have used studio strobes with umbrellas on light stands at a friend's studio; the modeling lights in them are *very helpful in positioning them. I don't have a flash meter either (also on my very long list).

A 4 or 6 point star filter from the back can look very nice. Some like the effect and others don't. Did one with candles on the end of every other pew. Too many candles and the multitude of "stars" overwhelmed the rest of the image.

I'm very glad your T-32 didn't fall out of the shoe! Even on a carpeted floor that event is usually catastrophic (not the fall but the very sudden stop at the end). Also glad the information on my site helped and that you've been able to declare it a success.

One question:
Having done it once, would you do it again?
:-)

-- John