Re: [OM] Fame at last - Olympus in film sighting !

Subject: Re: [OM] Fame at last - Olympus in film sighting !
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:46:20 +1100
>Have just finished watching "Peter's Friends" with my girlfriend,......
>Anyway, to get to the point, in the first scene they use a 35mm SLR - and it
>sure looks like an OM to me !!
snip
>Any other famous sightings of Olympus gear ?  Any other films, TV progs,
>etc. ?
>Jon
>PS: My Girlfriend now thinks I am a sad geek.  This coming from the woman
>who goes to Star Trek conventions !!

To join the serious geeks in this area of still cameras in movies, I
believe that you have to be able to identify the camera (and model) and
lenses used by Jimmy in the original 'Rear Window' and the motor drive type
attached to the black Nikon F which Clint hasn't switched on in 'Bridges of
Madison County.' Believe it, there's been serious discussions on this - two
lists across and one down.
Anyone who watched 'Peter's Friends' more than once doesn't get to bag
'Star Trek,' OK?!
AndrewF