Re: [OM] OT Scanning Kodachromes

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Scanning Kodachromes
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:25:59 +0000
At 09:10 1/29/02, Paul Reynolds wrote:
If anyone has had reasonable success scanning Kodachrome slides I would love
to hear from them.

If I've made a properly exposed Kodachrome, a hi-res Kodak Photo CD scan has no problem. Usually I have to work with contrast and color balance, but that's true regardless of film used. With nearly all of my Kodachromes the task is minimal. The ones I must work more with are a result of my own doing when making the photograph, not the film itself. If the expectation is every scan will be "presentation ready" immediately following the scan (without any "post-processing"), this is unrealistic.

-- John