Re: [OM] OM-1 -- a different metering question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 -- a different metering question
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:44:55 -0500
I wish that Olympus had made their lenses with half-stop aperture increments. But very few competitors ever did that (that I know), including Nikon, Canon, Minolta, and Pentax. (Am I wrong?) Leica and new Voigtlander lenses have the 1/2 stop dedents, and I really enjoy it. WHat it does mean is that the F-stops are further apart to make it easier to deal with the larger number of clcks.

THe reality of the situation is that most manufacturers instead moved to automatic cameras, which did exactly what was needed, either for the aperture or the shutter speed.

Skip