[OM] List-admin stuff...

Subject: [OM] List-admin stuff...
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <voop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:47:15 +0100 (CET)
Dear All,

These past days, there have been an abnormally large number of problems
with mails from the list to shaw.ca customers. This list has a number of
s*bscribers to shaw.ca. Basically, the shaw.ca mailservers have refused to
deliver messages from the list to individual mailboxes, and thus I've
received an impressive amount of error-mails to that end (one mail per
message sent to the list per unwilling mailbox quickly amounts to a lot
*grin*).

Since the problems seemed to be persistant, I uns*bscribed the unfortunate
email-adresses to cut the volume of errors (and to avoid having the list
try to send mails to an unwilling mailserver).

The problems with shaw.ca seems to be resolved - at least mails seems to
be delivered (John Hudson was one of those who were affected, and he was
most helpfull in determining that/when the problems were resolved -
thanks John).

At any rate, I would like to clarify that if anyone are uns*bscribed, it's
because of *persistant* errors when the list tries to deliver messages to
some address. Persistant means that, in fact, the majority of messages
to the list cannot be delivered over a longer time.

If you happen to find yourself uns*bscribed, rest assured that it's been
due to a technical problem somewhere, and just res*bscribe or contact me
directly.

Sorry for the inconveniences to anyone affected.

--thomas

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering