Re: [OM] Cleaning oily films off of glass

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning oily films off of glass
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:04:35 +1300
Hello Joe and fellow Zuiks,

Well, the lens is finally clean and sparkly. But it didn't happen all that
easily.

The grease layer just laughed at vodka, and shrugged it off. Couldn't even wet
it.

I found some industrial strength pure methyl alcohol that I had left over from
paint job of a few years ago. Clear, no obvious additives. Moderately well
sealed from water uptake.

It took 3 gentle applications, 5 minutes apart, of this meths to move that oil
film, but now it's gone and the lens looks just like it should.

Thanks for the advice,  Brian