RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series

Subject: RE: [OM] Irony of discontinuing of the OM series
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:45:09 -0600
<snip>

-TRUE flash sync speeds faster than 1/60.
-Aperture in the viewfinder information.
-Fill-flash ratio control.
-1 second mirror pre-fire.

I'm with you up until here.  The rest of this is for the flash-and-trash
shots, and not the contemplative and pure photography that Olympus has
been capable of inspiring.  Below are accomplished by the photographer,
not the camera:

-Program modes.
-Auto film loading.
-Auto ISO detection.
-Infrared remote control.
-Autofocus.
-Matrix metering.
-High-point viewfinders.

This is one thing that I miss from the F-3, but a good cable release and
a stop watch work well also.

-Manual shutter speeds slower than one second.

I have been looking at other camera systems recently to figure out what
will replace my Oly stuff when it self-destructs.  Sadly, there isn't
anything out there that I feel comfortable with, or compares to the
petite dimensions of OM.  I know the stuff I got will last me until
eternity, and I have no problem letting Oly get onto bigger and better
things...

Bob - the only other camera I might need is an M6 - Gries