RE: [OM] Shoe string home studio

Subject: RE: [OM] Shoe string home studio
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:17:36 -0600
Albert:

I'd go and look for some good hot-lights (tungsten balanced) at you
local photo-swap.  A great way to start out, and you can really see what
the lights are doing.  In terms of backdrops, this would depend on your
lenses used.  My preference is to let the whole background go out of
focus, and for me a good window, fireplace, etc. is the best to add
visual interest.

I'd really do your research and find something that has value.
Remember, the beauty of buying used equipment is that in most occasions,
you can sell it for what you paid!

Bob Gries

<snip>

Hmm..  I would like to have a poor man's studio at home..  I'm looking
on
getting a nice tripod, and from that point on, probably a very nice
light
meter next.  After that, what else do I need for a makeshift shoe string
budget poor man's at home studio?  I can probably get some lights and
saran
wrap of sorts and make a home made diffuser light box...

So I'm looking for recommendations...  Like what type of backdrop is
good?
White sterile walls give horrible reflections and triple shadows..