Re: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:46:05 -0400

Joel Wilcox wrote:

> Some of us prefer the OM-2S,

> , line up shutter speed and stop to match the reading and click to
> manual and spot meter around the scene to verify the reading before
> shooting.  This is functionality one can only wish the OM-1/2 had.  And
> though you can do the same with OM-3/4, the procedure is much less
> fluid.  Plus, the center-weighted averaging meter is just better in the OM-2S.

Admittedly, I'm just getting started with both cameras, but for me right
now I find the spot metering on the 2000 easier to use than the 2s. You
can easily toggle back and forth to compare the spot reading to the
center weighted one, without having to play around between auto mode and
manual mode. With either one you're limited to manual mode in spot
metering. I know this is heresy, since the 2000 is not from pure olympus
bloodlines, so what am I missing here? [Please have mercy and don't say
I need a 3 or 4 :-) ]
Wayne