Re: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:50:22 -0800
Yo,

on Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:08:45 -0600, Joel Wilcox wrote:

I would say build quality is on par with all single-digit OMs except that
it appears to be heavier than others.  Olympus improved the weight
problem  with OM-2S/3/4.<g>

Well, all I can say is that my OM-2 cameras (1 x 2, 2 x 2n) feel more
solid and the mechanics way smoother than my OM-4, which, to me, is a
sign of better build quality. I've never trusted my OM-4 or the OM-2s
I once tested for a while as much as my 2(n)s. My 2 OM-1s feel just
like the OM-2(n)s which, however, have the advantage of offering both
manual and auto modes.
Plus, the 2(n)s are ideal for long time available darkness exposures
(my favorite shots).
While I like using the 4, I'd never rely on it as much as on my 2(n)s.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

I love my OM4T and its invaluable meter system, but I agree that the ones and twos are much more Leica like in their feeling of solidity and smoothness.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California