RE: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2

Subject: RE: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:22:40 -0600
Glass plates!  Now we're talking! If I only shot 8x10 and made contact
prints, my life would be complete! ;)

<snip>

What I don't like is the
inability to flip back and forth between averaging and spot
metering like I can with the OM-2S.  Spot metering is "fixed"
not "continious".

I guess what you mean by this is that you are using your left hand to
toggle between manual and auto mode?  If one uses the spot meter in
auto, gets the info that they want to see, then uses the "clear" to
return to averaging - all w/ the right hand, then the left is left to
work the true beauty of the OM series (shutter, focus, and f-stop all in
the same axis).

If you like the mechanical body w/ spot, then a 3 is for you.  If you
are like me, then a beater -1 will work w/ the appropriate amount of
bracketing (since I don't have the $ for a -3). ;)

The other benefit of shooting w/ mechanical (for me) is that I know I am
at a certain shutter speed, and will only adjust the f-stop for proper
exposure.

I don't want to suggest that there is a "correct" way to shoot, I am
just describing how I work.

Bob Gries