Re: [OM] Glass plates (Was: Don't need no...)

Subject: Re: [OM] Glass plates (Was: Don't need no...)
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:58:11 EST
I think most photographers of that era used glass plates, and usually had a
mule- pulled wagon to hold all their gear- camera, plates, bottles of several
poisonous developers and emulsion mixes, light tight boxes, storage boxes,
etc. (And you think a Nikon is heavy!) They would then set up a tent, which
they'd do the developing in. IIRC, there's several famous images of Matthew
Brady leaning against his wagon.

George S.