Re: [OM] archiving... how to make a contact proof with a scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] archiving... how to make a contact proof with a scanner
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:28:01 +0000
At 00:04 1/31/02, Chuck wrote:

Seems there is a paper specifically made for making black and white prints of color negatives... I've been considering using this to make contact prints for archiving my boxes of negs. Does anyone recall what this paper is?

Chuck

See the article in the special issue of Photo Techniques that just came out about archival life of B/W papers. Seems that Ctein had (has ??) one devil of a problem with RC papers "silvering out." It was an eye opener about the difference between fiber and RC B/W print materials. I don't currently make B/W prints, but have earmarked the article for reference if I ever do.

-- John