RE: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2

Subject: RE: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:23:15 +0000
Retro only as far as the early 70s then ;-). You're right, I'm geting my periods mixed... perhaps on purpose. But an OM1 with a small, prime lens and hood is definitely old-fashioned and 50s looking.

I expect your Scottish visitor was chatting you up Joel: "My it's heavy..." = "My what a strong young man you are."

:>)

Chris

At 15:43 -0600 30/1/02, jowilcox wrote:

 >I agree with Bill Stanke on the retro business.  It is part of the
charm of the little cameras that it does look deliciously 50s.

Hey Chris,
Agreed, but I don't think "little" is part of the retro thing.  I took a photo
of a visitor a few months ago, a wee lady from Scotland, and she wanted to see
the camera, an OM-2S with 50/1.8.  She said, "My, it's heavy, isn't it?"  This
was not my expectation and I was disappointed. But every camera most people
are familiar with is smaller and lighter than even an OM-G.  SLR=retro=BIG.
No?

Joel W.

--
<|_:-)_|>