RE: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2

Subject: RE: [OM] Don't need no stinking OM-2
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:29:54 -0500
At 10:09 AM 1/30/2002 -0600, Joel wrote:
><...>
>3) Make sure the LCD display works OK.  I know that missing elements in the
>display are not a big deal, not a harbinger of bad things to come, etc.  But I
>don't like feeling.  Perfect displays only.

I received an OM-4t from eB*y that had missing display segments. I took it
apart, found corrosion on the contacts to the LCD display. I managed to fix the
display, but the rest of the electronics were flaky. So, in my experience, it
is a harbinger of possible corrosion else where in the camera. Good to ask
eB*y sellers the condition of the display and missing segments.

On the 2n, I wonder how accurate the CdS cell remains over time, compared
to the more stable silicon cell used for OTF exposure. Something the 4t fixed
(at the cost of battery power).

Wayne

ps, I can't live without the diopter correction. 4t wins.

ps, ps, Just got rid of two very mint OM-2n's but kept the ugly one with
polished
brass bottom plate. I just have to wear my better glasses to use it.