Re: [OM] New Snow

Subject: Re: [OM] New Snow
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:16:23 -0800
 >Does anyone have suggestions for using cameras in >extreme cold?

    I live in Northern (its way up there) Ontario, Canada(for you pesky
Americans) I have found that the only way to really get the best of both
worlds (warmth and feeling) is to use those flip-type mitts that have the
fingers exposed when you pull the mitt part off.  As it usually about -40C
out here, I find that those flimsy mitts just don't cut. I found a pair of
super large mitts and tied them together with string that goes around my
neck and through my coat sleeves.  When I need to take a shot, I throw the
outer mitts off, and then flip up the tops of the thin pair.  It seems to
work well, and I hope to try installing a holder for those heat packs into
the large mitts.  I hope this helps!!

     JOSH

I turned up the thermostat just reading that.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California