Re: [OM] OM-2n with s/n 1000000

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n with s/n 1000000
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:09:30 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Olaf Greve wrote:

> At present, he's negotiating a deal with Jaap Korten for it. Now, Jaap has
> asked me what the list's concensus was as to how much this camera is more or
> less worth. I've handheld the camera and cosmetically I'd say it's about a 9
> (not perfect, but only some minor marks). It comes with the box, which, I
> guess, is in about 7 or 8 condition...

I don't see what's so special about s/n 1000000.  Sure, it's interesting,
and might make a bit of a conversation piece, but it's not a limited edition
release from Olympus.  It may be worth more to some people, but I can't
imagine that many people would value it more than a regular OM-2n.  I'd say
the added novelty of the serial number would add no more than $30-$40 to
the value of the camera.
                                        -mark