Re: [OM] Metz 45CL4 vs T32

Subject: Re: [OM] Metz 45CL4 vs T32
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:05:19 -0500
> Any other tilt/pan flashes that would auto-ttl on an om-4?
> Sunpaks,Vivitars, Unomats, whaterver.
> Maciek

Hi Maciek,

I have an interesting Achiever 1850STW. Its very big...GN is 120. It has two
flash units. The main one incorporates both swivel and bounce, as well as
having a telescoping head. The second flash bulb is smaller and resides
below the main unit. You can aim it up and down 10 degrees. You have the
option of firing the units together, or each one independently. With an OM
module, it does ttl with an OM body. I'd feel OK using it with my OM-4, but
I get a little nervous attaching it to the flash shoe of any of my OM-2s.
Its heavy and doesn't feel very stable on the flimsy shoes. Unfortuanately,
mine came with a OM module that does not work. My brother-in-law is pretty
handy with electronics, so I'm going to give it to him to look at.

These flashes do come up on ebay from time to time at prices less than a
T-32. Just make sure that it comes with the OM module.....and preferably one
that works :-)

Bruce

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada