Re: [OM] Fangette of Nahobjektiv

Subject: Re: [OM] Fangette of Nahobjektiv
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:07:17 -0800
Going to a nearby non-Wolf/non-Ritz camera store to pick up the
prints from the roll of Fuji NPS I ran through the new-to-me OM-3
to make sure it worked as good as it looked, I killed time
prowling through the bargain bins while the lone employee
patiently tried to explain to some dipsy woman why her P&S toy's
puny flash failed to correctly expose all of Turner Field during a
nighttime Braves game.  I guess she's just now finished the roll.

In any event, I was finding absolutely nothing of interest until I
spied one of those square plastic B&W filter boxes amongst a bin
of junk filters.  So, naturally, I pulled it out, and, lo and
behold, complete with instruction sheet and the little wrench for
use if you screw it in too tightly, was this weird sort of filter-
looking object engraved around the perimeter "Olympus OM System
Zuiko 80 Macro Close-Up f=170mm."  Because I already have the 65-
116 telescopic auto extension tube and the 80/4 Zuiko macro lens,
I actually knew what it was and was more than happy to rescue it
from the $2 bin.

For those who don't know (or care) and to save the curious a
search of the esif, this auxiliary lens extends the range of the
80/4 from 1X to 2X.  New, they're about $80, so while certainly
not a major Fang, it's at least a Fang, Jr., or a Fangette.  I'm
still keeping an eye out for the $50 350/2.8.

And, by the way, the OM-3 works just fine, thank you.  Am I living
right or what?  :-)

Walt Wayman

Your karma must be great.  Most definitely a Fang.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California