Re: [OM] On the shores of James Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] On the shores of James Bay
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 20:20:26 EST
Hi Josh.
Welcome to the world of OM! ( ***warning to follow at the end of message*** )
I'll give you my impressions of the three auctions you posted.

All three lenses do seem to be in good shape.
That 75-150 is very very nice looking. Be advised that they can be had for
$75- $100 and there are many available out there. That said, I have to say I
haven't seen one in that good shape, or even with a case and box, and they're
in fantastic shape too.

The 50 1.4 looks good too. I don't know what they go for though. I just got
one as part of an OM-1n deal and haven't used it yet.

The 35/2.8 is also a good choice for a lens, but it looks like its been used
a bit, but that doesn't mean its not good, ask questions of the seller just
to be sure, but be aware that I just bought one of those from a list member
that is in similar, but better shape for $75 (US)

Now that you posted what you're interested in, I'll bet you get a couple of
offers of lenses for sale from list members.

I have several 50mm 1.8s and I don't need them all. I can send you one for
free if that'll help you out. Let it be my contribution to a beginning
Zuikoholic. But beware, I've been using OMs for almost 30 years now. Once you
start, you ain't gonna be able to stop!

Best wishes,
George S.
(in New Jersey USA)