Re: [OM] Extension tubes (was Bellows?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension tubes (was Bellows?)
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:06:02 -0800
The Vivitars are well built and work fine. They are different lengths than the Olys. Viv= 12, 20 & 36mm, Oly = 7, 14 & 25mm. Someone, perhaps John Lind, recently propounded on the reasons for the differences. I use An Oly 7mm plus the Vivitar set. Be aware that Olys come in both auto and manual versions. With the manual ones, you must stop down manually for each shot after focusing with the lens open.

Moose

Conrad Vogel wrote:

I was curious as to the quality of non-Olympus extension tubes. I've seen tubes on KEH and evilbay and the Oly ones seem to be about three times as expensive, usually about $50 a pop. But then I've seen evilbay Oly tubes go for $17. I'd like to get a set, but wondered what they're worth, and if off brand tubes have any problems.