Re: [OM] On the shores of James Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] On the shores of James Bay
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 23:43:38 -0800
I guess you already know the 50mm isn't necessary as a couple of list members have offered free ones. Can't tell if the others are ok buys or not cause some items go up a lot right at the end of the auction. I keep track of prices on things I'm interested in, so I know what I'm comfortable paying. The 75-150 looks nice, but I have no idea on pricing. I'm even worse on the 35mm. I have lenses from 18-1000mm, but I've never owned a 35mm. I have zooms that start at, end at or cover that focal length, but no primes. I was only trying to point out that you might not have been aware of the SC/MC issue in looking at auctions. Many people either prefer silvernoses or are unaware of the difference, so it's often as cheap and easy to get the MC as the SC in common lenses.

Moose

Josh Lohuis wrote:

moose,

    so your saying that the 50mm is not worth it (I kind of thought so
too), the zoom is an ok buy if that is the range I want and the 35mm is not
good> right?????