Re: [OM] 8mm fisheye on the evil one

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm fisheye on the evil one
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 14:08:17 -0700
At 01:35 PM 02/02/2002 -0600, B.B. Bean wrote:
>On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:24:36 -0700, Garth Wood wrote:
>
>> And he/she's done the usual boneheaded thing -- restricting the sale
>> geographically to North America.
>>
>>It's a global market, folks.
>
>Although I understand your frustration, not everyone is willing or
>able to wrestle customs, currency issues, international shipping
>rates, etc to make an eBay sale.

That would be a more cogent argument, Barry, if it weren't for the fact that
most of the "hassle factor" of such shipments is borne by the *buyer*, NOT the
seller.  For the seller, there's little downside, and most of it isn't even all
that rational ("I don't like filling out Customs forms."  "Really?  Do you like
filling 'em out if it means an extra fifty dollars or hundred dollars U.S. in
your jeans?  Just how much do you think an extra five minutes' of your time is
worth, anyways?").  I sell worldwide when I use evilBay, 'cause it's been shown
to be much more profitable.

Garth