Re: [OM] now wait just a moment

Subject: Re: [OM] now wait just a moment
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 16:45:26 +0000
At 20:11 2/2/02, AgSchnozz wrote:
Bill Pearce stormed:
As one who grew up and returned to Kansas (the latter probably a mistake), and went to college in Iowa, I can tell you that the two states are VERY different. Don't know much about Nebraska, other that their football fans are insufferable.

I lived in Manhattan, Kansas for a number of years. Wheat; as far as the eye can see there's wheat. Driving anywhere west of there, still in the middle of nowhere, a grain elevator will appear on the horizon early in the morning (sunrise). By mid-day, it's still on the horizon and not much bigger than it was at sunrise.

[stuff about Ne . . . Nebr . . . nope can't say it . . . snipped out]

South is Ind...India...Indianno. Sorry, can't say it. Trust me, there's nothing to the south.

Missouri is to your south. To get to Indiana, you cross the "great void" to your southeast. It's still in the middle of nowhere, just elsewhere in the middle of nowhere, but you don't know you're nowhere else because corn is grown here too, not wheat. There is nothing south of Indiana; one risks falling off the edge of the Earth going south and trying to cross the Ohio River [??; I think it's actually an ocean].

-- John