Re: [OM] Extension tubes (was Bellows?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension tubes (was Bellows?)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 21:27:23 +0000
At 13:32 2/2/02, Donald MacDonald wrote:
By and large a tube is a tube. I have a couple of Jessop's tubes that are
quite long, and a manual Oly set. Gives me quite a range. The manual nature
of the Oly tubes is no big deal. Just get the focus right then worry about
the exposure. Quite a throwback to my old Zenit 'stop-down' days... for
which I have no nostalgia whatsoever. Like the tubes, though.

The "longer" tube sets (Jessop's, Vivitar, etc.) work very well with the 135/2.8 "in the field." Enough extension for relatively high magnification while still maintaining good standoff distance. I use the shorter OM tubes with the 85/2 and shorter lenses (down to and including the 7mm tube with the 18/3.5); the longer Vivitar set with the 85/2, 135/2.8 and very occasionally the 200/4.

-- John