[OM] International trading.. was 8mm fisheye on the evil one

Subject: [OM] International trading.. was 8mm fisheye on the evil one
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 07:11:06 +0000
You're right in principle Garth: the international hassle factor should be borne by the buyer. However, I have sold to 2 US customers, one in in FL and one at Ramstein in Germany (military) and neither understood how to send me funds in UKP. It was very frustrating (especially when I agreed to register with P*yP*l) and I ended up bearing the hassle of finding out how to accept USD. It won't happen again of course... I will merely relist the item with a comment in feedback.

On a more postive note, Julia and I saw "Iris" at the cinema last night. It was a lovely film and very uplifting (Iris Murdoch, wonderful English writer who died last year (?) after years with Alzheimer's Disease).

Chris