Re: [OM] Re: Darklightimagery from Kentucky

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Darklightimagery from Kentucky
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 09:54:53 -0600
At 05:46 PM 2/3/2002 +1300, you wrote:
I wonder what the group think about variability in the Zuiko 300? I think the
strength of construction and ease of operation are great - I'm just wondering
about the glass.

Brian

Don't know about the variability. Do you mean inconsistent quality in the production run, or some such? I guess there have been a lot of them made over a long period. I would expect some to be better than others. It would be an easy bugger to wreck in an accident.

To compare apples and oranges, my 300/4.5 is sharper than my former 200/4 but not as sharp as my 180/2.8. With tubes it is good and sharp, though I am not always sure I enjoy the out of focus areas. There's a sort of "stars in motion" quality that's distracting. For me it works best when the subject is against a shadow or dark background.

Joel W.